What adventures have your family been on recently? We may not have gone around the world, but when Paige and Ethan received a surprise parcel from Mattel, it inspired a trip to the old Knysna train station. Why, the train station? Because Thomas & Friends have come to Africa and we can’t wait to see what our favourite tank-engine is up to next.
Thomas & Friends™: Big World! Big Adventures! The Movie
The latest CG animated children’s movie – Thomas & Friends™: Big World! Big Adventures! – has recently launched in South Africa. The new movie sees Thomas leave Sodor for the very first time to travel to Africa, South America, USA and China meeting new friends along the way including first Kenyan tank engine Nia, guest-voiced by Nairobi born voiceover artist, Yvonne Grundy and racing car Ace, guest-voiced by Australian singer Peter Andre
So what makes this movie and franchise so special?
- This is the thirteenth feature-length film to be produced by the word-famous franchise.
- A new theme tune and narrator, new characters and locations.
- Introduces a revolutionized Steam Team with a greater representation of girl engines.
- We meet the first African tank engine to join Thomas & Friends.
- Features a fun-packed plot full of wonder and curiosity, plus tons of animals and several musical songs that will captivate the imagination of young Thomas fans and parents alike.
- South African movie audiences are in for a treat with the movie’s theme song being sung by local artist, Bobby van Jaarsveld.
- This is the biggest and best Thomas movie to date!
Let the adventure begin
Thomas & Friends: Big World! Big Adventures! The Movie sees Thomas undertake his most epic journey ever as he leaves Sodor to fulfil his dream of seeing the world! The action-packed adventure begins when a mischievous little racing car called Ace comes to Sodor and inspires Thomas to embark on an ambitious trip-without the Fat Controller’s/Sir Topham Hatt’s permission!
This heroic quest takes Thomas across deserts, through jungles and over dangerous mountains. He travels across five continents seeing sights he has never seen before. On his journey to discover new places and cultures, Thomas visits Africa and makes friends with an adventurous, inspiring and fun tank engine from Kenya called Nia.
Nia, the first African tank engine to join Thomas & Friends, is a strong aspirational character with a great moral compass and sense of fun, with equal competency and capability as Thomas. Her character was specially developed with the help of the UN and experts from the Royal African Society.
This is not a sponsored post. Product received for review purposes. Family images my own.