Moms love it when their little ones come home from school buzzing with knowledge. Sometimes though, the activity isn’t inside their heads but on top! Head lice populations rise in summer, and girls with longer hair pick them up easier than boys.
Should it happen, mom is usually horrified and despairing. What to do? Which product to buy that doesn’t involve putting pesticides onto that precious little head?
This is when she can go back to school herself and visit the Controlice® library (www.controlice.co.za) and read my blog post ABC of lice – what they don’t teach you at school. These articles give facts about head lice and reassurance on the safe, tried and tested products that moms have used for over 15 years to rid their little ones of unwelcome passengers.
Does she want to:
- Comb out;
- Prevent head lice from coming back; or
- Deter head lice.
By reading labels she can buy just the right Controlice® product for the job:
Eliminate head lice
To eliminate head lice already in hair, mom can attack the little pests:
- Controlice® Oil Spray has a clinically proven formula of active ingredients which work in a 15-minute application, killing live head lice by physically suffocating them. 60 ml costs around R152*.
- Controlice® Head Rinse contains 4% dimethicone which is left on the hair for eight hours and covers and drowns head lice. 100 ml costs around R132*.
An important part of elimination is to comb out all the nits (lice eggs) and dead head lice. Controlice® has two reusable combs, for short or long hair. It is an asset with young children, whose head to head play predisposes them to sharing more than just fun.
Prevent and deter head lice
If all that her child comes home from school with is a letter warning that head lice are circulating, mom can deter them from coming home by using the Controlice® Defence range. While they don’t eliminate existing infestations, the active ingredients do help to protect the family:
- Controlice® Defence Shampoo is gentle enough to be used daily and contains active ingredients which can repel head lice. 125 ml costs around R107*.
- Controlice® Defence Spray is a plant-oil based formulation that can help to repel head lice as well as detangling and conditioning hair, leaving it manageable and shiny. 100 ml costs around R107*.
Top marks mom! Now your kids can get back to school so they can put more in their heads and not worry about what’s on top! It is also concert time at school and I wrote a post all about it called Don’t let head lice ruin your end of year festivities.
Visit www.controlice.co.za for more information and to shop online. Available at leading pharmacies.
*Prices correct at October 2019.
*For a diagnosis or if symptoms persist, consult a medical practitioner. Efficacy of support may vary between users. This unregistered medicine has not been evaluated by the SAHPRA for its quality, safety or intended use.
This is a sponsored post. Information provided by Nativa. Images my own.