One of the most asked questions I see on Facebook forums is for recommended doctors, ob-gyn and pediatricians. Referrals from friends, family and other parents make the decision of choosing a doctor for your family easier.
We have the same pediatrician as my friends, and it reassures me to know that I’m getting the right advice about my kids. RecoMed is a free online tool to search for doctors in your area, book appointments, read reviews and additional information about their practice and qualifications.
Modeled on similar websites which have found popularity amongst patients across America and Europe, they want to help South Africans make informed decisions about their healthcare and have an online service available to them 24/7.
- Doctor’s photograph, name and speciality
- Address, map, contact information and opening hours for practice
- Average rating (5 stars) and patient reviews
- Book appointments online (certain medical specialists)
- Languages spoken, qualifications, memberships and associations
- Professional focus and doctor information
The website launched late last year and they have been growing their network of recommended doctors and referrals since then. The network of specialists is still relatively small at +4000 medical specialists and they are looking for only the best doctors to sign up so if you can recommend your doctor or dentist, please let them know.
This is not a sponsored post. The content was provided to me and shared it as I think it may be relevant to you.