When you have had a cold for a few days, no matter how soft those expensive tissues promised to be, you inevitably end up with a red nose which could pull Santa’s sleigh. Worst of all, the area is dry, cracked and sore, and you really don’t want to be blowing your nose or seen in public. I was sent two products to try out and to add to my winter tool-kit: Letibalm and Sinu-Salts Nasal Spray.
Letibalm is the only balm on the market that has been specifically designed to care for lips, nose and the skin in between.
It can be used for redness and irritation from colds and flus, weather induced (cold, wind, sun) nose and lip disorders, dry and sensitive lips, and helps to prevents sores.
I’ve used it for a few weeks now and got my mom and sisters to also try it, and we all liked using it. Paige liked copying mommy and putting the balm on her lips like a big girl – so sweet.
It has a subtle smell of camphor which is pleasant to breathe in and absorbs easily into the skin. I preferred using the liquid as you can wipe down the tube between applications, but the balm also works well, just wash your hands before and after applying it to prevent the spread of germs.
I can understand why the paediatric version is in balm only, as I can imagine the fluid in the hands of a child would soon be squirted out.
- Moisturises dry skin, calms irritations and helps to repair broken skin
- Creates a protective layer to prevent further damage
- Made with natural decongestants menthol and camphor which help ease breathing
- Letibalm regular is available in 10ml liquid tube or 10ml jar (not for children under 3 years)
- Little noses also need protection and Letibalm Paediatric is specifically designed for children 0-8 years old
- Available at Dis-Chem and selected pharmacies.
Sinu-Salts Nasal Spray
Sinu-Salts Nasal Spray helps to prevent sinus infection, clear mucus, pollen and other allergens and adds moisture when the nose feels dry. The long nozzle and spray mechanism makes it easy to spray into the nose and the saline solution is mild and does not burn.
- Natural sea salts are combined with homeopathic remedies Hepar Sulph, Kali Bichromicum and Pulsatilla.
- Natural sea salts have antibacterial and antiseptic properties
- Hepar Sulph acts as a natural pain killer and fights infection
- Kali Bich provides cleansing relief of mucus membranes of the airways, clears post nasal drip and gives relief for stubborn coughs
- Pulsatilla helps relieve colds, flu, hay fever, dry sore throats, and allergies
- Regular use helps to clear the nasal passages reducing recurring nasal and sinus infections
- Available at Dis-Chem and selected pharmacies in 30ml spray.
Products supplied for review purposes. Images my own.