One of the joys of parenting is having your child curled up in your lap or in bed, reading a book together. It’s never too early to start reading and build a home library of quality books for the family.
My husband and I still have some of our childhood books thanks to our moms carefully storing them all these years, which we now read to our children. We want to instill the same joy for reading we had, and enjoy the benefits of learning to read at a young age.
KidsBookClub.co.za officially launch in April this year and is a subscription based book club for ages 0-7 years. It was founded by Nadine Kann who wanted to offer busy parents a way of buying books that are carefully selected for their children’s age groups and delivered directly to their homes.
A monthly email is sent explaining the book selections and how to get the most out of them with your children. In association with publisher Priddy Books, KidsBookClub.co.za offers a monthly subscription of two or more books and three or more magazines for the grown-ups. Children will not only enjoy the time spent reading with you, but will also have the excitement of receiving a parcel at the door.
- Subscription costs R129 per month for two or more kids books and three or more free backdated glossy magazines for the adults
- If you have more than one child, adding your second child costs R90 and for a third just R80
- No joining fees
- Cancel at any time
- Manage your subscriptions easily online
- Free courier delivery
- For every subscription sold each month, R1 will be donated to the Bokamoso Education Trust, a charity that supports schooling for disadvantaged children
Age groups: book ranges
- 0-6 months: board books, cloth books, water resistant books, grip books and, shaker teether books
- 6-18 months: grip books, board books, padded board books and, touch and feel books
- 18-36 months: slide and seek, lift the flap, touch and feel, novelty board books and, soft to touch
- 3-5 years: sticker books, story books and sticker, wipe clean, flash cards and learning with Wallace
- 5-7 years: let’s get ready for school, work books, early learning books, smart kids reference books, first time story books, and craft books
Visit www.kidsbookclub.co.za to find out more and to sign up for online subscriptions. I would like to thank KidsBookClub.co.za for sending us a monthly subscription, and I particularly liked the shaker teether book for Ethan.