By far my most popular post is my recommendations of factory shops in Cape Town selling baby and children related products. My list is of factory shops that I have visited so far and would recommend, and there are a few more I still want to check out. The lady who is really in the know and has been researching factory shops for over 26 years, is Pam Black. She is the author of The A-Z of Factory Shops in the Western Cape, a guide to all factory shops selling a range of products. This book is well worth getting if you are a bargain hunter and will be money well spent.
- The book is divided into suburbs/towns, listed alphabetically
- Under each suburb is a map and shops are grouped into products such as clothing, diary products, leather goods etc.
- Each shop has a write-up with the address and contact numbers, accepted payment methods, opening hours and a description of the shopping experience
- Sizing charts and a space to fill in your family measurements for easy reference when out shopping with your book
- Product index so you can find all shops selling a particular product
- Shop index
The 12th edition (2012) of the book is available at various stockists at a recommended retail price of R175 and online for R205 (including postage). I bought my copy at Bargain Books at a reduced price of R145. Shops move premises and close, so updates and any sales that are happening are posted to her website. Visit www.factoryshops.co.za to find out more and for links to follow Pam on Facebook, Twitter and her newsletter.