You may have already seen these brightly coloured Ella’s Kitchen food pouches on the shelves and wondered what they are about. They may be more expensive than some other brands but there is a reason for that – they are 100% organic with nothing else added.
Their philosophy is that weaning should be a fun experience, not a scary one, for parents and little ones. Their range is from 4 months, and includes smoothies, fruits and veg, and protein dishes from 7 months up.
The kids loved the smoothies we were sent to try, and Ethan now enjoys the independence of slurping his up straight from the pouch. The veg was also a hit, though the lamb with more texture will take a few tastes to get used to.
The pouch will stay fresh for 24 hours in the fridge, but if your child is still learning to eat, you could squeeze them into ice-cube trays and freeze so there isn’t any waste.
- Certified 100% organic
- No added refined sugar or salt, no additives or thickeners, no E numbers or GM, no water and nothing artificial
- Labelling gives clear guidance for nutritional needs at every stage of baby’s development
- Picky eaters will enjoy the tastes and smells
- Ideal for meals on the go
the COOK BOOK (the Red one)
Lately I haven’t been enjoying my cooking, mostly because it’s disheartening preparing meals only for your 3 year old to point her finger down her throat and pretend to gag (true story).
I used to cook so much for Paige, and now that Ethan has said goodbye to purees and hello to finger foods, I’m determined to start enjoying the kitchen again. Ella’s Kitchen the Cook Book is just what I need right now as the 100 yummy recipes will introduce him to even more tastes and textures.
This recipe book is not just written for mom and encourages older children to learn to cook too with fun instructions, plenty of pictures and easy to read instructions.
There are tips for parents to get the kids involved and what your kids should be eating (whether they want to is another story!) They have really geared this book to little ones and have included little extras like stickers to decorate the pages and stick hearts and stars on their yummiest recipes.
- 100 recipes, food guides and activities in the kitchen
- Recipes include yummy lunches & speedy snacks, dee-licious dinners, perfect puds, scrummy treats and weekend foods.
- Full colour with plenty of photographs and easy to follow instructions
- Servings, prep and cooking times
The Cook Book was supplied for review purposes. Images my own.