If you live in Johannesburg and are looking for a place to relax and enjoy good food and coffee, you should visit Park Café in Parkwood.
The café is owned and run by sisters Vicky Ross and Lexi Reckling who also own the adjacent Polish Nail Spa.
All food is freshly prepared using the best ingredients. Breakfast specialities include the spicy tomato and bacon express breakfast, creamy jungle oats with fresh fruit & nuts, and a delicious stack of crumpets.
For lunch there is a simple but tasty range of salads or sandwiches and more substantial meals including pastas, beef fillet, or prego rolls. For those with a sweet tooth, there is a range of cakes including their carrot cake and red velvet cupcakes.
They have shared with us one of their easy meal recipes which is quick to make and delicious.
Creamy Seasonal Mushroom & Parmesan Pasta
- 75g Sliced Exotic mushrooms (mix of seasonal mushrooms)
- 4 spring onions finely chopped
- ½ Chilli finely chopped
- 1 cup good quality vegetable stock
- 1 x cup Fresh Cream
- 40 g Parmesan grated
- 125 g Fresh Tagliatelle
- Cook Pasta according to packet directions
- Fry the mushrooms, spring onions and chilli in a large pan over a high heat until golden.
- Add vegetable stock and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes
- Add cream and allow to cook until slightly thickened.
- When pasta cooked drain and add to pasta sauce tossing to ensure pasta properly covered.
- Put on plate, season with salt and pepper
- Top generously with grated parmesan
- Serve with torn Italian bread
- Serves 2