With summer here, I really want to create a fun space in the garden for the kids to play and run around. Now that Paige is big enough and I’m not so scared of her climbing on anything higher than a foot stool (nervous mommy here), I went on the hunt for an age appropriate jungle gym for her.
From what I have found, play equipment is either plastic slides or swings for younger toddlers or larger wooden jungle gyms for older children. I struggled to find one for the 2-5 years age group unless I was to have something custom made.
Our friends have been renting jungle gyms for years and we had always kept this in mind as an option for Paige.
I contacted Childsplay Hire and Sherrill was so helpful, and could offer me a choice of jungle gyms suitable for the 1.5 to 5 years age group.
We decided to go with the jungle gym called Abantwana, as the ladder is at a slant with the climbing bars at 21cms apart, making it easier for her to climb. It has a fibreglass slide, covered wooden platform, cargo net, flat tyre swing, tyre seat swing, trapeze bars and parallel rings.
We were lucky that they had one in stock, and they delivered it from Somerset West for a small fee, but you can also collect if you have a bakkie or trailer.
- The rental is affordable and you don’t have an initial big expense of purchasing a jungle gym
- Variety of steel play equipment for all ages
- Swap jungle gyms when your child has outgrown it or wants a change
- Convenient for rental properties
- Equipment is serviced and maintained by Childsplay Hire
- You don’t own the jungle gym, and your monthly payments are a rental fee and not going towards paying off the gym