Site & Competition Disclaimers
Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.themommycity.co.za.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
The contact form submission data — IP address, user agent, name, email address, website, and message — is submitted to the Akismet service (also owned by Automattic) for the sole purpose of spam checking. The actual submission data is stored in the database of the site on which it was submitted and is emailed directly to the owner of the form (i.e. the site author who published the page on which the contact form resides). This email will include the submitter’s IP address, timestamp, name, email address, website, and message. The IP address and user agent originally submitted with the comment are synced, as well, as they are stored in post meta.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This website uses Google Analytics. Data is processed by Google Analytics and is not used in any other way by The Mommy City, than for site statistics.
Who we share your data with
We only share your data with third parties whose products are used for the running of this website. Data is collected via opt-in. WordPress, Jetpack, Akismet, MailChimp are used to manage this website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Contact website owner Sarah Huddy via the contact form below with any questions regarding data protection.
How we protect your data
We remain updated on all data protection measures offered by our website host provider and third party applications.
What data breach procedures we have in place
All data breach procedures are managed by our website host provider and third party applications.
What third parties we receive data from
We do not receive data from third parties.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
We only use analytics to determine website visitor numbers.
This blog accepts and keeps free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organisations.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. I believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. Any sponsored products will be clearly identified as such. I’m not paid to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own and I we will only review products or services that I believe are worthy of review. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. Any content found on The Mommy City may not be used in any form without permission from the author.
Feel free to comment but please be polite and respectful. Comments are moderated and I reserve the right to delete any that I feel are not appropriate.
The Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) was enacted to protect the rights of consumers and sets out rules on how competitions are run. The Mommy City likes to follow the law and here are a few things you need to know:
- A prize cannot be awarded to the supplier of any goods or services in respect of the competition.
- Competitions are open to South African residents only.
- Winners must be 18 years or older.
- Winners will be notified through the website and by email. Sometimes emails can be sent to your junk mail so please check your spam.
- The winner has 7 days to accept the prize and if for any reason they fail to do so, it is only fair that a new winner be randomly selected.
- Winners are chosen using Rafflecopter.
- Competition closes at midnight on the specified date.
- The winner will need to supply their contact details and address for delivery of the prize, and also send their identity number so that we know you are a real person.
- In order to ensure fairness the CPA requires that I must, for at least 3 years, keep the winners’ details. I promise to keep your information safe and not use it for any mischief or marketing.
- Prizes will be sent by the sponsor and delivery must be arranged through them. Please allow a reasonable amount of time for delivery of your prize.
- The Mommy City cannot guarantee that the prize will be delivered but if you do have any problems please let me know by email and I will do my best to sort it out with the sponsor.
- Competitions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- If you have won a prize on The Mommy City, you need to wait 2 months before you will be eligible to win again.
- We reserve the right to cancel the competition at any time as sometimes unforeseen problems arise and cannot be held liable for doing so.
- Decisions are final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- By entering competitions you have agreed to the terms and conditions as set out above.