Site & Competition Disclaimers
This blog accepts and keeps free products, services, travel, event tickets, and other forms of compensation from companies and organisations.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. I believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. Any sponsored products will be clearly identified as such. I’m not paid to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own and I we will only review products or services that I believe are worthy of review. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. Any content found on The Mommy City may not be used in any form without permission from the author. I’m flattered if you use my photos but please credit me and include a link back to my site.
Feel free to comment but please be polite and respectful. Comments are moderated and I reserve the right to delete any that I feel are not appropriate.
The Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) was enacted to protect the rights of consumers and sets out rules on how competitions are run. The Mommy City likes to follow the law and here are a few things you need to know:
- A prize cannot be awarded to the supplier of any goods or services in respect of the competition.
- Competitions are open to South African residents only.
- Winners must be 18 years or older.
- Winners will be notified through the website and by email. Sometimes emails can be sent to your junk mail so please check your spam.
- The winner has 7 days to accept the prize and if for any reason they fail to do so, it is only fair that a new winner be randomly selected.
- Winners are chosen using Rafflecopter.
- Competition closes at midnight on the specified date.
- The winner will need to supply their contact details and address for delivery of the prize, and also send their identity number so that we know you are a real person.
- In order to ensure fairness the CPA requires that I must, for at least 3 years, keep the winners’ details. I promise to keep your information safe and not use it for any mischief or marketing.
- Prizes will be sent by the sponsor and delivery must be arranged through them. Please allow a reasonable amount of time for delivery of your prize.
- The Mommy City cannot guarantee that the prize will be delivered but if you do have any problems please let me know by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will do my best to sort it out with the sponsor.
- Competitions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- It’s only fair to share so if you have won a prize on The Mommy City you need to wait 2 months before you will be eligible to win again.
- We reserve the right to cancel the competition at any time as sometimes unforeseen problems arise and cannot be held liable for doing so.
- Decisions are final and correspondence will not be entered into.
- By entering competitions you have agreed to the terms and conditions as set out above.